Nationals from a selected number of countries who wish to visit Thailand for tourism purposes will now be able to do so for an extended period of 45 days without needing to obtain a visa.
Previously, the tourist visa exemption was granted for 30 days, but this period has now been increased by a further 15 days to allow for a quarantine period, following Covid-19 safety regulations.
This exemption will apply for a temporary period until 30 September 2021.
Should you wish to make use of the visa exemption and visit Thailand, you are required to have at least THB 20,000 as a single traveler or THB 40,000 as a family. For a detailed list of the countries whose nationals qualify for visa exemption, please click here.
Please note that only Thailand Elite members who have never had their Thailand Elite visa affixed to their passports may do so at the Chaeng Wattana Immigration Office in Bangkok, following quarantine.
If you are not able to enter the Kingdom of Thailand through a visa exemption, you will need to:
- Get the Thailand Elite visa affixed in your local country, and
- Apply for entry through the Thailand Elite Members Quarantine Program.
To follow this process, please note that you will need to:
- Have received a welcome letter with your membership ID number.
- Call the Thailand Elite Member Contact Center at +66 2 352 3000 or e-mail email@example.com to request the visa affixation service at your local Royal Thai Embassy or a Royal Thai Consulate-General in your country of residence. (Take note that the minimum waiting time is around 15 working days after you have confirmed the booking.)
- Submit your application for the Thailand Elite Member Quarantine (TEM-Q) Program to the TEM-Q team at firstname.lastname@example.org. It takes approximately one month for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to process the application.
- Ensure that you have health insurance of a minimum amount of USD 100,000, which provides cover for Covid-19.
- Apply for a certificate of entry (COE) to the kingdom here, once you have obtained a confirmation letter from the TEM-Q team. You will need to upload a copy of your Thailand Elite visa, flight booking confirmation, alternative state quarantine (ASQ) booking, and proof of health insurance in order to complete the process.
- Provide a TM8 form and a negative Covid-19 test along with your COE (the test needs to be issued a maximum of 72 hours before departure) at the airport. Click here for more details on these documents.
A list of ASQ hotels, which you might wish to make use of once you have arrived in Thailand, may be found here, and you can read more about the tourist visa exemption here.
If you would like to arrange a call with us to discuss any part of this process, please contact us on email@example.com, and one of our client advisors will be happy to assist you.
on Feb 15, 2021